Sunday, August 20, 2006

Mei Tei sling





I tried A's meit tei on yesterday and it ws great so I tried to maek my own last night from some online tutorials. First go went okay. I rounded up some fabric I had kicking aroud and had enough to make a carrier more appropriate for fall. I think with some tweeking this one could be really good.

So on the outside you see the orange and green and cream check, ont he inside is an oatmeal coloured ribbed fleece.

I am going to chang the waist tie to a ringed belt and velcro since I don't like the excess fabric dangling about. I am also going to make the body of it shorter since Cooper likes to keep his arms out of the carrier.

I tihnk next time will go alot smoother for sure! It did take 3 times (3 hours) as long as making my first ring sling so I don't think I'll be knocking off a bunch of these lol. M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like how you made nice wide arm straps. If you tie the bottom one under his bum more (like where his weight lies) or on his back it might be more comfy, as it will support more of his weight.

-A