Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Spider halloween Costume


We finished off brodies halloween costume today. We bought the spider part at Winners but it didn't come with anything to put on his head which I thought was silly! So I sewed a balaclava out of black fleece, then made the eyes out of felt and sewed them on. He's pretty happy with it!

When I wsa making it I realized that the balaclava could make all kinds of quick costumes. Just another colour of fleece and you could have a frog, or a bee, or turtle or or or....really anything! I really like the idea for trick or treating outside in our cold weather. His ears, neck and head will be super cozy while we're out walking around.

I made one balaclava that was too small for him so I am going to turn that one into a bee hat for Cooper with antennae on it.

2 comments:

sew crafty said...

Cute!

The MIKK Family said...

Kade's comments:

"look! Brodie's being a spider!"