Monday, October 30, 2006

2nd tutorial: heat bag covers

Its always nice to havea cover on the heat bag so it can be washed!

Again we'll ahve to play match the blurb to the picture...here it goes...M

First I cut a long recatngle of material ( I chose flannel so it would feel soft against the skin)

Then I hemmed each end and turned it into itself, so that when it was finished I could turn it right side out again and have an envelope.


Then I sewed down the two sides

And voila I turned it rigth side out and popped the heat bag into it.


You can use this same idea to make really quick and easy thorw cushion covers.

3 comments:

sew crafty said...

posted just in time, I have pillow covers to make.

-A

The MIKK Family said...

Mmm flannel......soft....bet that would work for bed pillows too...just on a larger scale.

The Walshes said...

It would work for any kind of cover for sure! For my pillow I used fleece and its heavenly.