Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I heart the Edmonton Reuse Centre

Just wanted to rave a bit more about the reuse centre. I went today and scored 4 ani difranco cd's, a vintage stamped embroidery linen, some blank linen for embroidery or cross-stitch (they had a whole barrel of linen and canvas pieces), 5 unopened craft kits to make a suncatcher with DS, some ribbon embroidery and luggage tags, along with some other little frames for kitschy cross-stitch, vintage stencils and some old Halloween materials (in big brown envelope, original price 35c.



So yeah, not really contributing to any downsizing efforts of mine but it is pretty dandy to take in stuff I won't use and get stuff I want to use in return.. all for 2$ a load, no matter how much you take. I bought a membership today (20$ for the year).

-A

2 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

Cool! I was wondering how the Reuse center works. IT's downtown right? Do they take contributions? K, maybe I should do the research myself instead of bombarding you with questions!

Anonymous said...

click on the link below, there is a very specific list of what they will and will not take. It's super easy to find, as it's right in front of the CN tower and painted bright green. You can drop off your donations and then take a bag or little grocery cart and fill it with whatever you want. They weigh it, you pay 2$ (no GST) and that's it. I want to hear about what you get!

-A