Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Book Cover

I purchased a copy of The Chrysalids at the thrift store. I love this book and have read it a number of times but didn't have my own copy. I didn't like the cover but some fabric and a hot glue gun fixed that.

Before: looks like someone designed this cover to make it look more adventurous or appeal to people who read The Hardy Boys. What are those things in the forest behind him? The villagers? They look like evil goblins.




After: A nice striped flannel cover from fabric Melissa gave me.




Okay and I just have to show off my other find- a Harry Potter pop-up book! I love pop-up books and this one is lots of fun. If you pull the tabs the streetlights go on and off and McGonagall transfigures. I had to restrain myself from putting an exclamation mark after that last sentence.



-A

3 comments:

The MIKK Family said...

Ok, that pop up book is pretty awesome! Almost time for the movie, I can't WAIT!!

I have never read the other book you covered...the cover looks great BTW.

Anonymous said...

i love the Chrysalids..yeah and they are making the...did they call them deviants in the book? trying to remember...look freaky lol. m

Anonymous said...

and that pop up book is to die for! m