Saturday, November 11, 2006

Peacock Wallet




Tomorrow we are taking another guy from my vball team out after our game for yet another birthday! I find it incredible that so many of us have our bdays in the span of a month, even more so that 2 of us have the same birthday. Anyway, he likes birds and although I would have wanted to make it out of pheasant(his fave bird) fabric I only had this peacock brocade.

I have to thank Amanda tenfold for posting the wallet she did earlier. It totally inspired me to do this one and especially since all the ideas I had for this guy weren't quite panning out!

The brocade was a royal pain in the a$$ to work with and I probably will not make any more wallets out of it! I did use interfacing, and will probably go with a thicker cotton next time instead. The plain black I used had a little too much stretch and was very hard to keep straight. (so its not...but nobody's perfect ;)

But all in all my first attempt was relatively stress free and the directions I followed from this link were fantastic.
How to Make a Fabric Wallet

M

No comments: