Sunday, January 21, 2007

and now for something completely different

Polymer clay! It's been years that I can remember making anything from it. My previous creations were quite fragile, which I later learned was due to the type of clay I was using (Sculpey III). I switched to Fimo and though it takes more work to condition it is much sturdier.

Dumbledore

I used a mold to start his face, then altered it to make the nose longer, and his face more wrinkled and more craggy. He is entirely made of clay, except for his glasses, which are made from wire and there are seed bead accents in his sash. I used pearl ex powders for metallic accents. It's been a while since I sculpted and it looks a little unprofessional but I still like him (it's Dumbledore, so I like it by default). For a craft swap.





And some wee chocolates, to be made into magnets



-A

2 comments:

Rebecca McKay said...

Amanda, those are great!!! So much detail!

Anonymous said...

WOW! well done! m