Saturday, June 10, 2006

Embroidery Bag

I didn't want to haul my sewing basket camping so I made a pouch I could tuck into my luggage. I wanted it big enough to hold a few t's, threads, needlecase and embroidery scissors. I used the vinyl/fake leather we got for free from someone whose husband was retiring from the upholstery business. The cherries were made from an upholstery leather furniture sampler another friend gave me and the zipper is from a bag of zippers salvaged at Value Village. Total cost for me was about ten cents! It measures about 10 x 12 inches and it's waterproof if I forget it outside in the campsite and it rains.

3 comments:

The Walshes said...

I love this one. For sure my favourite! I really need to start doing something iw ththat vinyl!

Rebecca McKay said...

That is a GREAT pouch!!!

sew crafty said...

Thanks guys! I am enamoured with it. The back is black fake leather stuff and it looks so nice all put together with the red zipper. And you can't beat the price ;)

I used that diaper sack I made on another post (with the button on the flower) while camping and I quite like it now. It's nice and easy to toss into the diaper bag or backpack (while camping) and it'll hold 3 diapers and a wipes case. I am still not crazy about the top but it is pretty handy.

Melissa with the vinyl if you are doing anything with zippers you need to press and sew the vinyl away from the seam or it will get caught in the zipper (like my bandage bag one does).

-A